Welcome to the 33rd edition of the Making the Word Known podcast!
In this edition Ethan continues discussing the class on Telling the Good News of Jesus Christ as taught in the Venice church of Christ. He discusses the importance of knowing how we came to learn of the Good News of Jesus Christ so that we are more effective in telling others.
– Witness is a prevalent theme throughout the preaching of the Gospel
– All of us believe in Christ based on Apostolic witness and testimony
– Testifying is not “telling them what God has done in your life”; we must bear witness to the Apostolic witness regarding what God has done through Jesus (cf. John 20:30-31).
– We must know from where we have learned the Gospel so that we can simultaneously (a) be aware of our own biases, emphases, reactions, etc., and (b) be able to empathize with those with whom we share the Gospel.
Podcast #33: How Did We Come to Know the Good News of Jesus Christ?
Welcome to the 32nd edition of the Making the Word Known podcast!
In this edition Ethan continues discussing the class on Telling the Good News of Jesus Christ as taught in the Venice church of Christ by asking why we are to tell others the Good News of Jesus Christ.
1. The Lord commanded us (Matthew 28:18-20)
2. We are not to be ashamed of the Gospel, for it is the power of God unto salvation (Romans 1:16).
3. We must love our neighbor as ourselves (Luke 10:27-39).
Podcast #32: Why Tell the Good News of Jesus Christ?
Ethan enjoyed a great opportunity to sit down and discuss evangelism with James Buchanan who currently promotes the Gospel in South Africa. We hope you are encouraged by considering what it is like to preach Jesus in other lands.
Welcome to the 29th edition of the Making the Word Known podcast!
Apologies for the long pause in publication! We’ve had some hosting issues, but now Making the Word Known has its own webpage (www.makingthewordknown.com), and we look forward to new opportunities to encourage you in the work of evangelism!
Recently Ethan has begun teaching a class on Telling the Good News of Jesus Christ for the Venice church of Christ. Join him as he spends some time discussing part of the first lesson of that class: understanding the meaning of Gospel as “good news,” as well as important distinctions between “outreach” and “evangelism.”